It annoys me how if you’re not good at Art or Music it’s okay because you’re just “not talented” in that area but if you’re not good at Science, Maths or English you’re “dumb”.
- Societal expectations of masculinity
- Societal expectations to provide for women
- No long term reversible male birth control
- Men who are raped are more likely to remain silent and be dismissed or outright laughed at
- Unfair treatment in child custody battles
- No support for male victims of domestic abuse
- Media portrayal of married men as weak morons
Not men’s issues
- The friend zone
- Women not dating you
- “Fucking femnazis”
ok here is why you should avoid saying bromance (and also brotp whilst you’re there)
- it removes any perceived romantic or sexual component of a relationship between two men in a way that is really defensive and no homo
- it creates a whole new category of relationship between two dudes and this category is false bc it’s really just a steaming shit on ambiguity and queer readings in its attempt to mark the relationship as platonic when it does not have to be
- it is used by media to praise and (ironically) jerk over close bro relationships bc two dudes bonding but not actually being queers is the best ever lets celebrate male friendship even more like it hasn’t been the focus of literature and stories since ever
- the fact that there is no f/f or f/m or non-binary equivalent (using bromance for these is erasing and misgendering and setting male norms come on it fucking stands for brother why would u) only backs up the above
- it is also queer erasing in that it simultaneously appropriates queer romance whilst pretending it doesn’t exist - it takes the word ‘romance’ to describe the relationship but only to stick ~brotherly~ in front of it
- on a less crucial note it tends to be used to designate a ship as platonic and like nobody gives a shit if you think the thing isn’t romantic you don’t have to plaster BROtp stickers over it every time you reblog something
come on it is not hard to remove from your vocab (my suggestion is to just make everything queer romance but whoops ignore me)
- how in seven hells is it defensive? it essentially means that i enjoy the FRIENDSHIP between two people and don’t believe that they have to be sexual to enjoy and you’re making out that ALL male relationships must be romantic or sexual so as not to appear homophobic which is fucking dumb
- what if a relationship IS platonic??? do platonic relationships just not exist anymore? are you saying that in every form of media every relationship between two dudes has to be sexual?
- except you’re also jerking over two dudes boning and saying that is literally the only way they can bond and or have a meaningful relationship and hypersexualizing homosexual relationships for your otps and thereby demeaning actual homosexual relationships in real life
- way to ignore that the term ‘bro’ has become gender neutral in the colloquialisms on this site it’s right up there with ‘dude’
- how is it queer erasing? a bromance is the adoration of a platonic relationship between two people because yes hello not every relationship has to be sexual to be emotionally investing and real
- if you’re going down that route nobody gives a shit that you think two people are boning except others that agree with you a++ logic
so i’m going to keep using ‘brotp’ when i ship two people for the friendship that they have rather than the belief that they’re fucking each other because WHOA friendship and impenetrable bonds through said friendship is still a thing it still exists and will always exist
it’s a habit that sickens me about tumblr because two people, again, do not have to be fucking to have an emotionally investing relationship
i don’t get it when people tell me i should stop doing things because “boys don’t like it”
like god forbid my personal choices prevent me from dating shallow close-minded assholes who care how long my hair is but don’t give a fuck about me as a person
- Having sex every day.
- Saving sex for your wedding night.
- Never having sex.
- Having sex with different people.
- Having sex with one person.
- Having sex with a person of your same gender.
- Loving sex.
- Hating sex.
- Being loud.
- Being quiet.
The only thing wrong with sex?
When it’s not consensual.
Because that’s not sex. That’s rape.
MY OPINION ON THINGS CHANGE FREQUENTLY AS I LEARN MORE STUFF ABOUT THE THING PLEASE DO NOT HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE FOR SOMETHING I SAID THREE YEARS AGO
Sexuality is fluid.
Don’t get pissy because a lesbian ends up dating a male. Don’t get mad because your gay male best friend found a female and dates her. Don’t get mad because your straight male friend dates a dude or a straight female dates another female.
Love is love. Just because you classify as something does not mean in the next 30 years you wont find someone that is not in your range of what you like.
And stop fucking bashing on bisexuals just because they wont “choose” they don’t want to limit themselves and that shouldn’t be a fucking problem.
if you’re mad at me please just tell me what i did wrong instead of ignoring me
pants with fake pockets
suit jackets with fake pockets
If you’re a boy who walked up to younger/nerdier girls in the hallway during high school and said “hey my friend thinks you’re cute” and then burst into giggles along with said friend then I really hope you’re doing badly in life
people like this are the reason i cant believe anyone calling me pretty.